Automated Deployment Information

Mark Wallace rmarkwallace at aol.com
Mon Jan 20 16:14:37 UTC 2014

I think that the alternative install is really for systems that the
regular install won't work on.  If you have very low memory the regular
install will fill the memory stick or run very slowly. Then you would
use the alternative install because it would be faster.

If it's that slow, you might not be working with enough system to do
what you want to do.  Someone who isn't computer savvy might not get
much benefit out of a very slow system.

If you haven't done a lot of windows installs, sometimes the system will
stop running inexplicably while you are loading the install media.  That
might be because the memory stick fills up without fully loading the
info that it needs to run.  Shut the system completely down for about
thirty seconds and try again. I have also found that wireless USB mouses
sometimes interfere with a Linux install.  Disconnect the USB connection
and use the touchpad if you can.  Otherwise, use a regular USB mouse.

I mention these because you don't get any sort of explanation when this
happens, it just stops loading or installing.  These things could well
happen with older, limited hardware.

If you run out of recipients, I can have users for all of the systems
that you can put together in the Philippines.   Contact me off list for
details.

Mark

--
Robert Mark Wallace