X session ends within seconds of login

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 23:51:38 UTC 2014

Hi, I am sorry you are having an issue with this....
Are you installing from a default install ISO, or using a minimal CD and
installing lubuntu-desktop?  I don't have much experience with ldm, have
you tried using a different display manager like slim, or lightdm?
LightDM is the one officially used by most flavours of Ubuntu.  If I had
to guess it might be something in the configuration for ldm that is
causing the problem.... it might be looking for a non-existent session,
or something similar.  Just some initial guesses....  The other guess is
that there is some dependency that isn't installed....  but that one
seems less likely to me (at this point).
You could also try to test the behavior on Trusty, to see if this is a
regression/bug or something that was fixed upstream already.

--
Regards