[Lubuntu-qa] OBI 2.2 released - mkusb pot file for translators

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 06:08:16 UTC 2014

Hi Mélodie,

Nice that you start preparing for local languages in mkusb :-)

There might be a problem though. I am running

LC_ALL=C
LANG=C

in mkusb in order to get a constant format of the output from df, fstab,
parted etc, that are used by mkusb. (And I do the same in the OBI). I
guess it will make things more complicated: having to switch locale on
and off.

I will look into the possibility to use the pot file.

-o-

The OBI itself does not use mkusb. The user runs mkusb to install the
OBI from a compressed image file. mkusb can also be used to install an
operating system from an iso file (or to wipe the first megabyte to get
rid of traces that might create problems when repartitioning a mass
storage device).

Best regards
Nio