LXQt test and Lubuntu 14.04

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 13:29:50 UTC 2014

I have been running 14.04 with no problems yet.  The lack of a shutdown
button is not a huge deal especially for ex-windows users, as they are
used to opening the applications menu to shutdown any way, and I simply
made a desktop file called shutdown.desktop with
lxsession-logout as the exec...
I really wanted LXQt to work.... but I can wait :)

You knew we had talented artists, just look at the icons!!

On 01/02/2014 07:06 AM, David Yentzen wrote:
> Thanks for giving such a detailed report on this. I think I will
> shortly dl 14.04 and start running it around. Thanks for the heads up
> about the no shutdown button
>
> Best
> David
>

> On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Israel <israeldahl at gmail.com
> <mailto:israeldahl at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     It was an absolute no-go
>     I am not sure what happened, but it seemed to me that there was a
>     major conflict between the lightdm I had and the lxqt lightdm.
>     I could not get past plymouth at all.  Actually the screen stayed
>     black until I dropped over to my tty.  when I went back to my X
>     the plymouth screen showed up and hung around changing the dots
>     unending.
>     I tried a few things like editing the lightdm conf files (all of
>     the ones I knew of), but that didn't seem to change much.  This
>     was on 13.10 so it may work better in 14.04, but I will wait a
>     little while before trying that again.
>     Good news is 14.04 runs great.  So far it is rock solid.
>     I am having one issue... no shutdown button...  not sure why.
>     So, I am thinking it would be great to make a desktop file for the
>     lxsession-logout
>     and have something like
>     OnlyShowIn=Lubuntu
>     So it could be added back in easily for people that accidentally
>     configure their panel too much and delete something, and then
>     can't find the shutdown applet.
>     It would be better if it was an applet to add to the panel, but I
>     suppose with efforts toward LXQt the desktop file would be
>     sufficient for 14.04 users.
>
>     --
>     Regards
>

>     --