Lubuntu 14.04

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sun Feb 23 00:27:38 UTC 2014

On 02/22/2014 01:56 PM, Julien Lavergne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A quick update of the 14.04 status. We passed Feature Freeze, so focus
> will be now on fixing bugs.
>
> The recent updates were :
> - pcmanfm with the 1.2.0 version, with a lot of new features (folder
> settings, dual pane view, menu editing).
> - lxsession-default-apps had a UI update. It's still far from perfect
> but it should be a little better than 13.10 one
> - Artwork : we cut the depends on elementary icon theme, it means we
> may have regressions with the icons. Please report them to the artwork
> team.
>
> I also started the page for the LTS request :
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/14.04/LTS-Proposal
> I will send it to the Technical Board if there is no comments.
>
> Finally, we should also be able to do a Beta release, if it's stable
> enough (it was not terrible last time I check).
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

I sent a message with an image that was too big... sorry
My message was simply that the lxsession-default-apps is now messed up.
The initial screen puts everything way down.  I can't even see the
bottom of the window now, and can't access all the options.  I hope
there will be a fix, and a way to have everything scale dynamically.  It
does look nicer, though.

Also, PcManFM -> Preferences has a 'Modules' option which does nothing.
It shows the last option I was looking at, and doesn't change.
It does look like there are some really nice improvements, though. I
would like to have the option to auto-run a program when I insert a new
volume... but I know you are not the developer of this fine program.

If it would help to post a bug report, simply let me know, and let me
know what specific logs or output you want!

--
Regards