Alsamixer - strange speaker noise when microphone is unmuted

Mon Feb 17 18:45:06 UTC 2014

Netrick:

I noticed what appears to be a similar problem reported on the
Fluidsynth (fluid-dev) e-mail list.  I have copied the text from that
e-mail here:

    When I start fluidsynth for the first time, after a boot up, or a
    log on, fluidsynth sounds fuzzy.  And when I quit my application,
    which is using alsa as a audio driver, and then start up the
    application again, all is fine- normal timbres.  Is there a way
    around this?  Is this a bug?

    I am using ubuntu 13.10.

Perhaps it is the same problem.

- Aere