UbuntuOne will not auto start in Lubuntu 13.10

Eric Bradshaw ericbradshaw at computers4christians.org
Tue Feb 11 05:49:21 UTC 2014

Barry T,

Glad you got your situation sorted. I already had seahorse installed. I
tried the option to disable autostarted applications to 'No' but that
didn't work for me either. However it did make the Network Manager show
up in the LXPanel twice instead of once.

I found a thread on Ubuntu Forums
[http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2182986] started by someone
with the same problem and someone else had advised removing
'network_gui/command=nm-applet' from the
~/.config/lxsession/Lubuntu/desktop.conf file. This worked for me to
remove the second instance of Network Manager.

I also noticed desktop.conf contained the following:
[Security]
keyring=no

So, I changed it to yes. But, no difference.

Found a bug for autostart that seems eerily similar;
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxsession/+bug/1247118

I wonder if my particular situation is because I auto-login? I'm running
(C4C) Lubuntu 13.10 (ReSpin). I'm about to update it and will be
changing to have to provide my password to login. I'll see if that make
any difference.

Eric
--
Thank You,