UbuntuOne will not auto start in Lubuntu 13.10

Eric Bradshaw ericbradshaw at computers4christians.org
Sat Feb 8 15:49:00 UTC 2014

Autostart Ubuntu One and add to LXPanel

1. Go to Menu --> Accessories --> LXTerminal
2. Type (or copy and paste): sudo apt-get install indicator-sync
3. Go to Menu --> Preferences --> Default applications for LXSession
4. Click the "Autostart" tab
Then, in the text box under "Manual autostarted applications,"
5. Type (or copy and paste): ubuntuone-control-panel-qt --minimized
--with-icon
6. Press the "+ Add" button to the left of the text box
7. Reboot

How to make the GNOME Keyring Manager behave? Got me. Sorry. Same boat here.

Eric
--
Thank You,
God Bless,

---------------

Hi,

Can anyone give me the steps needed to get UbuntuOne to auto start?

I have followed the guide here:-

http://lubuntublog.blogspot.co.uk/p/ubuntu-one.html

...but it does not work for me. Google search shows that autostarting
applications in Lubuntu is a problem for quite a few users, but I cannot
find a consistent answer. Also most of the advice is for pre-13.10
installations with a couple of suggestions that the autostart method
changed with 13.10, but no specific answer for 13.10.

When I manually start the UbuntuOne service it asks me to enter my
Keyring password, even though the password is the same as my log-in
password. The Google answers to this problem suggest that I should
select "Details" from the pop-up window and choose "Automatically unlock
this keyring on login", but I do not see the "Details" option on my
machine? What am I missing?

Cheers,

Barry T