UbuntuOne will not auto start in Lubuntu 13.10
ericbradshaw at computers4christians.org
Sat Feb 8 15:49:00 UTC 2014
Autostart Ubuntu One and add to LXPanel
1. Go to Menu --> Accessories --> LXTerminal
2. Type (or copy and paste): sudo apt-get install indicator-sync
3. Go to Menu --> Preferences --> Default applications for LXSession
4. Click the "Autostart" tab
Then, in the text box under "Manual autostarted applications,"
5. Type (or copy and paste): ubuntuone-control-panel-qt --minimized
6. Press the "+ Add" button to the left of the text box
How to make the GNOME Keyring Manager behave? Got me. Sorry. Same boat here.
Can anyone give me the steps needed to get UbuntuOne to auto start?
I have followed the guide here:-
...but it does not work for me. Google search shows that autostarting
applications in Lubuntu is a problem for quite a few users, but I cannot
find a consistent answer. Also most of the advice is for pre-13.10
installations with a couple of suggestions that the autostart method
changed with 13.10, but no specific answer for 13.10.
When I manually start the UbuntuOne service it asks me to enter my
Keyring password, even though the password is the same as my log-in
password. The Google answers to this problem suggest that I should
select "Details" from the pop-up window and choose "Automatically unlock
this keyring on login", but I do not see the "Details" option on my
machine? What am I missing?
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
More information about the Lubuntu-users