UbuntuOne will not auto start in Lubuntu 13.10

Barry Titterton titterton.barry at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 11:28:42 UTC 2014

Hi,

Can anyone give me the steps needed to get UbuntuOne to auto start?

I have followed the guide here:-

http://lubuntublog.blogspot.co.uk/p/ubuntu-one.html

...but it does not work for me. Google search shows that autostarting
applications in Lubuntu is a problem for quite a few users, but I cannot
find a consistent answer. Also most of the advice is for pre-13.10
installations with a couple of suggestions that the autostart method
changed with 13.10, but no specific answer for 13.10.

When I manually start the UbuntuOne service it asks me to enter my
Keyring password, even though the password is the same as my log-in
password. The Google answers to this problem suggest that I should
select "Details" from the pop-up window and choose "Automatically unlock
this keyring on login", but I do not see the "Details" option on my
machine? What am I missing?

Cheers,

Barry T