How to install lubuntu to USB

Tong Sun lubuys.xpt at spamgourmet.com
Tue Feb 4 02:43:15 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 4:45 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:

> In the past few releases, the GTK version of USB Creator has failed for me
> as well.  I would hope they would have fixed it by now, but apparently not.

Glad to know that it is not only me.

> I have been using the KDE (kubuntu) version of USB creator, and it seems I
> had to do that with 13.10 as well.

I tried to install usb-creator-kde, but gave it up because I need to
pull in over 150 packages just for it.

> I know I found something that worked (probably the KDE version), because I
> have a working Lubuntu 13.10 bootable USB with a persistence file.

Could you do me a favor and document how your USB boots please?

Please after it is mounted, say under /mnt/usb/, do

  find /mnt/usb/ -ls

post back the output (less your personal files), and post its boot
configuration file. Please.

Thanks a bunch!