Can't boot after an update

Andre Rodovalho andre.rodovalho at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 00:42:29 UTC 2014

Can you reach GRUB menu? To do it, you need to press several times and very
fast ESC or Shift just after the boot process begin. For me ESC works
better...

On GRUB menu, there is a "root" option, and something written after, like
"Ignore and go to command line".

On this option, you might need to type your password, then you have a
command line, just like lxterminal. You can use *apt-get remove* to remove
the software.

I don't know what is the name of VMware binary, but I guess you can find
out using *apt search vmware* or maybe *apt-get remove vmware[TAB]*