Bug report filed--"Cannot open my session graphically in Lu 14.04 PPC"

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 02:45:21 UTC 2014

Fellow Lu users:

In the interest of trying to help get Lu 14.04 to be a better place for PPC
users . . . I have filed a bug report about the problem I posted here about
losing login to GUI after a normal update/upgrade procedure.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lightdm/+bug/1400967

Please stop by and give it a "like" if you are passing by launchpad.net.

Manfred Hampl on Launchpad answers showed me how to add a new user in the
CLI, so I can login to my original user account via TTY, and I can now use
my system in the new user account, but the original user doesn't login to a
GUI session . . . even after trying a number of suggestions.  I think that
is some kind of a bug . . . .

PS: I trimmed this post down to the essentials . . . .  : - 0