Testing report: Did the 14.04 upgrade . . . how do I fix it?

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 20:56:38 UTC 2014

@Israel:

Thanks for the reply, appreciate the time . . . nothing that spending some
time on couldn't help . . . but, something for a rainy day then.  This is
sort of the first time where an upgrade in ubuntu kinda broke the system,
needing effort to get the base system to work OK . . . whereas in other
distros minor upgrades could break stuff, each time.  Perhaps this is part
of the "hwdetect??" bug?

Got the same "would you like to upgrade to 14.04" in my iMac 12.04 . . .
but knowing that the "nv" driver is no longer available, nope . . . not
this time.  The iBook is a couple two three years "younger" and already
"radeon" is not included?  Whereas with 12.04 the install on the iBook was
completely painless, box stock ran the computer with no fiddling . . .
suspend worked, everything worked . . . except maybe sound????  : - ))

F/e.e.p.