Lost my GUI in 14.10

Henk Terhell hterhell at chello.nl
Fri Aug 29 18:58:48 UTC 2014

Hi Israel

the output is: lightdm is already the newest version
(no upgrade or install done)

I recall that I had to install all versions of lubuntu on this PC (with
Geforce 6100/nForce 405 graphic card) with nomodeset and installed the
nvdia driver 304 thereafter, because of immediate screen freezes without
nomodeset.  Perhaps there is a link to my problem of the latest update
of 14.10.

Henk