7 problems (-1) (+1)

Fri Aug 22 00:56:45 UTC 2014

On 08/21/2014 02:44 AM, spir wrote:
> === numlock at startup ===
>
> The honorable numlock-at-startup issue is back! I did the usual
> procedure of installing numlockx and check corresponding files
> (/etc/X11/Xsession.d/55numlockx & ~/.xinitrc) but this method does not
> work anymore, at least by me and with version 10.04. How to solve this
> issue?
Spir:

Are you really talking about Ubuntu levels (Lubuntu levels) of 10.04?
Is that still usable at this point?

I've been using numlockx in various Ubuntu variants since 12.04 without
problems (at least, none that my testing has uncovered.  I have tested
it a lot using 14.04, as well as all levels since 12.04.

I have a Java application I wrote that checks the initial setting of
numeric lock, and restores it when exiting the application.

A code-snippet (Java) for checking the initial num-lock state, and
setting numeric-lock, is:

                 if (initialNumLockStatus == null)
                 {
                     executeSystemCommand("numlockx status", null, null,
null) ;
                     initialNumLockStatus = lastCommandOutput ;
                     System.out.println("setNumLockOn - Initial Status:
" + initialNumLockStatus) ;
                 }
                 executeSystemCommand("numlockx on", null, null, null) ;