nm-applet missing from task-bar problem on 14.04.1

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 05:55:59 UTC 2014

Den 2014-08-02 07:48, Aere Greenway skrev:
> All:
>
> Now that Lubuntu 14.04.1 is available, I upgraded a Lubuntu 13.10 system
> to 14.04.  Unfortunately, the problem where nm-applet is missing from
> the task-bar is still a problem when upgrading such a system.
>
> Does the system need to be installed from a newly downloaded and burned
> CD in order to fix the problem?

Hi Aere,

I think so.

At least the upgrader 'do-release-upgrade' from 12.04 LTS to 14.04.1 is
still not offered automatically, and I have read several posts about it
in the Ubuntu Forums, stating that it is still not working 100%. I think
it is the same with the upgrader from 13.10. See this link

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2220264&page=2&p=13088662#post13088662

Best regards
Nio