lubuntu 14.04 ppc errors

Fritz Hudnut este.el.paz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 21:43:34 UTC 2014

Since i did not really understand, where and how to go better, for the

>  ppc problems, for the moment i continue to post here:
>
> Aside all errors (and some others as well) i discovered that sound
> absolutely does notwork. So, i decided to erase the lubuntu-ppc and went
> to try a Debian Jessie. That worked by far better, frankly. But may be
> that's due to the fact i pretty much installed the desktop from scratch.
>

> Audio:     Card Failed to Detect Sound Card! Sound: ALSA v: k3.13-1-powerpc
>
> "Failed to Detect Sound Card" now, sounds hard to resolve to me. Since
> the sound is there in the PB - the startup chime works! -, seems to me
> that's a kernel problem.
>
> And, sincerely, without sound, a portable is not that much useful. For a
> headless server/router that might be fine anyway, but not for a laptop.
> So, may be one should downgrade the kernel? And if so, down to which
> one? (As far as i personally realized kernel < 3.2 had a working
> powermanagement - but would that be work together with lubuntu 14.04?
>
> Or is there out there someone, who has a solution?
>
> @fairnet:

No immediate answer, have not found time to do the ppc 14.04 install on the
iBook to see what my experience with it will be.  But the "apple user"
subsection of the ubuntu forums may offer some insights . . . along with
the "PowerPCFAQ" . . . .  Two threads that I just saw there, I've posted to
the "[PPC] Testers needd for PowerPC 14.04"  . . .
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2214923     And, then I see
another thread "[PPC] 14.04 Sound problem . . ."
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2219941  Not having done the
install I have't checked whether "lsmod" would show the sound modules, but
perhaps they can be installed by "additional drivers"???

F/e.e.p.