lubuntu 14.04 ppc errors

farinet at arcor.de farinet at arcor.de
Tue Apr 29 06:45:29 UTC 2014

I sucessfully installed lubuntu 14.04 ppc. That's great.

By far less great is the experience with. Below i list the errors i
noticed at a first glance (the machine is a pb g4, 1,3 ghz + altivec
with 2 gb ram):

- Suspend does not work. It only blanks the screen and from that it's
impossible to wake the pb up.

- the restart in the logout menu of lubuntu does not work

- <Alt><F2> does not work. And alot of other shortcuts as well.

- The macintosh 3rd level chars are not accessable. I did a

	sudo dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration

(i tried as keyboard Apple and Apple Alluminium; may be i should try
another one? Which?)

- The combination of xkeyboardmap setting and ibus setting is somewhat
confusing. Which overrules which one. (On an amd laptop i turned the
ibus off with no harm, apparently ...).

- Moving windows, even with low charged cpu is dead slow (the windows
follow the grab like in slow motion (generally the pb is feeling
absolutely not snappy; in comparison an even older and slower thinkpad
feels like jet)

- network manager works not correctly. I substituted it by ceni, which
at least correctly recognizes the b43legacy (eventhough up to now, for
some reason it does not store the settings and i have to configure it
newly at any restart.