Display Serious Issue with Lubuntu

Ali Linx ali.linux at amjjawad.net
Mon Apr 28 16:03:04 UTC 2014

On 04/27/2014 02:16 AM, Aere Greenway wrote:
> On 04/26/2014 02:47 PM, Ali Linx wrote:
>> However, with #2 I'm facing a very painful issue which I may be able
>> to handle but definitely, a newcomer to GNU/Linux (preciously
>> Lubuntu) will find it very frustrating and will never like it.
>>
>> The issue is:
>> A Large window with some buttons at the bottom of the window is a
>> real pain because you can't move your mouse and click anything. What
>> make things more painful, you can't adjust the size of these large
>> windows.
> Ali:

Hello Aera,

Hope you're fine :)

Thanks for your email!

> I have one of the machines in your #2 category.
>
> Some time ago, I would have had the same opinion of the situation, but
> kindly, someone on this list, pointed out, that if you hold down the
> "Alt" key, then click anywhere in a window (not just the title-bar),
> you can drag the window around (including in the 'up') direction,
> which will expose the buttons that were not originally displayed
> because the screen is not large enough for the minimum window size.

I'm afraid that didn't change the fact the window is huge compared to
the size of the display which is really really pain and as I explained,
while I can live with, the newcomers I'm converting to GNU/Linux using
Lubuntu will not be happy at all.

Thank you!

P.S.
There should be nothing to be pressed by default. Logically, the window
should be auto adjusted to the size of the display. I have no idea why
Lubuntu can't do that?!

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad