Lubuntu-users Digest, Vol 28, Issue 64

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 07:04:17 UTC 2014

On 26.04.2014 23:28, farinet at arcor.de wrote:
> May be i won't go to install in the end lubuntu but rather start from
> that existing installation to build a lubuntu similar setup based on
> fluxbox. I think i can use many of the settings i created to substitute
> openbox by fluxbox for a crunchbang waldorf i had running on a 12 years
> old thinkpad.

Fluxbox or FVWM can be added to a basic Lubuntu installation and you can
log in with that instead.  I've used FVWM-Crystal on slower machines
before.

> Just a non related question: The tor browser bundle only exists for
> intel, isn't it? So one would have to set up manually iceweasel via
> privoxy -> tor ...

It's actually Firefox, but I think they ought to rename the binary.  To
duplicate the effect, you set up the browser to use a SOCKS5 proxy
(tor).  So it's got a few settings adjusted, such as
network.proxy.socks_remote_dns.  It also has add-ons like Torbutton,
HTTPS Everywhere, NoScript, and TorLauncher.  Read the project site's
notes carefully.

> In any case, thanks a lot, today you made my day :D

Glad it works.

Regards,
/Lars