Display Serious Issue with Lubuntu

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 00:58:10 UTC 2014

On 04/26/2014 05:16 PM, Aere Greenway wrote:
> On 04/26/2014 02:47 PM, Ali Linx wrote:
>> However, with #2 I'm facing a very painful issue which I may be able
>> to handle but definitely, a newcomer to GNU/Linux (preciously
>> Lubuntu) will find it very frustrating and will never like it.
>>
>> The issue is:
>> A Large window with some buttons at the bottom of the window is a
>> real pain because you can't move your mouse and click anything. What
>> make things more painful, you can't adjust the size of these large
>> windows.
> Ali:
>
> I have one of the machines in your #2 category.
>
> Some time ago, I would have had the same opinion of the situation, but
> kindly, someone on this list, pointed out, that if you hold down the
> "Alt" key, then click anywhere in a window (not just the title-bar),
> you can drag the window around (including in the 'up') direction,
> which will expose the buttons that were not originally displayed
> because the screen is not large enough for the minimum window size.

Ali,
You might try using arandr to change the display settings a bit.  I find
it to be the most intuitive and useful app for displays.
There must be a way to fix your issue!  As you know persistence will pay
off eventually, even if it is only a workaround for the time being.
Just think how far Lubuntu has come.  14.04 is amazing (minus the
nm-applet bug, and a few others)!

--
Regards