Lubuntu-users Digest, Vol 28, Issue 64

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 16:12:27 UTC 2014

On 26.04.2014 18:59, farinet at arcor.de wrote:
> Technically, i presume, i'd have to put in
>
>      live video=radeonfb:1440x900-32
>
> since it's a 17" PB (?)

Yes, it should match your actual resolution.

> Two questions in this regard:
>
> How would have to look like the corrisponding statement in yaboot?

You could append the option in the second stage boot loader.  Instead of
letting yaboot default to "Linux" you could manually enter

	Linux video=radeonfb:1440x900-32

if that gets you running then you could make the changes permanent in
yaboot.conf

	append="quiet splash video=radeonfb:1440x900-32"

and then run ybin to set them

	sudo ybin -v

> I'm under the impression i also saw the msg, kernel failed to load fb
> modules (or something like that). Would that mean the modules are not
> there anymore? Or that the were not requested and therefor not loaded?

That's beyond my skill but a look at the output from 'lsmod' does not
show any modules with for radeon or fb.

Regards,
/Lars