bootable usb-stick forPB G4 17" ?

Britt Dodd brittman914 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 19:45:27 UTC 2014

AFAIK, OpenFirmware on the Powerbook G4 will not boot from USB devices,
except if its a CDROM. Or at least that was what I found when trying to
install Ubuntu/Gentoo/Lubuntu on my PBG4.

Unless the drive isn't stock, I believe all Powerbook G4's should be able
to read from and boot from DVDs, so you may want to consider burning a DVD
for use with Lubuntu, if you're able to.