Mute shortcut problem...

Andre Rodovalho andre.rodovalho at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 02:08:11 UTC 2014

The problem consists on the mute shortcut, that might behave like a toggle
button, but actually, only mutes, and you need to use the volume control on
"tray" to unmute!

I have seen this problem occuring since I met Lubuntu. I don't know if this
affects everyone, but lately I spent some time to figure it out. Here is
where I got the "solution": http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1796713

What I found is that I can solve this issue changing the shortcut command
on ~/.config/openbox/lubuntu-rc.xml

Original: amixer -q sset Master toggle
Modified: amixer -q sset Master toggle && amixer -q sset Speaker toggle &&
amixer -q sset Headphone toggle

This makes toggle mute to work like should be...