Do standard and alternate installs give a different system and apps?

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 10:47:52 UTC 2014

On 20.04.2014 02:44, George DiceGeorge wrote:
> Do the Alternate Install
> and the Standard Install
> both give the same system and apps after installation
> or are there differences after installing?
>
> http://cdimages.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/trusty/release/lubuntu-14.04-alternate-i386.iso
>
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/lubuntu/releases/14.04/release/lubuntu-14.04-desktop-i386.iso
>

> [george]

The only items I notice that are different are how the locale is handled
and if there is an option for autologin.  With the Desktop image, the
locale can get set incorrectly:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1231520

And with the Alternate image, if you want autologin, you have to add
that yourself manually after the installation.

Regards,
/Lars