14.04 Look and Feel: many items are VERY faint

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 03:18:41 UTC 2014

It seems that this is a problem with your graphics card, but I am
thinking this because you are having more than one graphical issue.  Are
you using nouveau drivers or did you install a proprietary driver?
If you are using the stock drivers that come with Lubuntu, it will be
the nouveau ones....
Did you have this issue in an older release (in other words... have you
used Lubuntu before on the same machine using a previous release)?

And are you using the default themes for openbox, and gtk?  (if this
sounds confusing, just ask and someone like me can clarify what it
means)  I have had an issue in the past of using themes that had
problems similar to that.

That is all I can think of for the moment. :)