Fwd: Re: Do standard and alternate installs give a different system and apps?

Ali Linx ali.linux at amjjawad.net
Sun Apr 20 10:10:46 UTC 2014

On 04/20/2014 10:53 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi everybody,

How are you, my dear friend?

> Do you know any difference in the final installed system after using the
> desktop installer compared to the alternate installer?

Long story short, none.
There is no difference in the final installed system. I'd be shocked if
there will be any ;)

I'm sure you know why there is an alternate ISO and why there is desktop
ISO = difference in the installer :)

That is all :)

P.S.
That is why for example Ubuntu GNOME don't have alternate as we don't
target the low power machines :)

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad