media player

Henk Terhell hterhell at chello.nl
Sat Apr 19 21:24:13 UTC 2014

There are more problems with playing DVD's as I thought before. Many of
my DVD's (region 2) will not play at all in 64-bit Lubuntu 14.04 with
any of the media players  (VLC, Parole) though I had downloaded the
available codecs files from the Lubuntu software center .
Switching to 32-bit Mint 16 with LXDE desktop (which is also on the same
PC) , all DVD's so far can be started  if VLC is selected from the autorun.
It looks that I need to file a bug report.