no automatic connection to 3G internet

Johnny Izzo izzostar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 10:32:22 UTC 2014

just installed Lubuntu 14.04.

What i want to have:
Push the start button of the laptop computer, after that it logins
automagically to the desktop and connects to internet via usb gsm 3G dongle.

What happens:
(somehow managet to find the place to setup the connection, why wont it pop
out if i put in the dongle? not to mention the nm-applet is not coming up
even if put to lxde startup settings)
I cheked every possible checkbox for automatic connection (nm-applet i
think) and entered sim card pin code and press save button.
After restart nothing works, it asks for some keyring password, it asks for
sim unlock pin, and still does not connect because Mobile Broadband
Connections are not activated.

Help me god! Its like nothing has changed for 4 years since i first got
that huawei dongle and installed ubuntu-gnome.

Could you please fix it once and for all.

I have no idea where to report the bugs.
I read some of the reports, answers are like this: no, this is not
pam-module bug, this is gnome-login bug etc... I dont care and i dont know
about specific packages or wheter its part of Lubuntu or Gnome or something
else!
I just know that simple things dont work for at least 4 years.

Would someone with knowledge, please report the correct bugs, and make them
to correct those bugs.

Thank you!