Lubuntu 14.04 LTS

Ali Linx ali.linux at amjjawad.net
Fri Apr 18 19:27:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

On 04/18/2014 04:33 PM, p s wrote:
> I am starting nm-applet without sudo from
> ~/.config/lxsession/Lubuntu/autstart however, it asks no more for a
> password when I modify network settings.

Yes, I too ran it without 'sudo' and it is NO more asking for my
password, just the Wifi security code (which is the default case with
all the flavors).

Lubuntu suffered from this 'extra' and NOT needed step with all the
previous version. There is no need to keep entering the system password
every time one needs to be connected to any wireless. Not to mention,
none of the flavors doing that anyway.

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> 2014-04-18 13:57, Hitesh Shah skrev:
>>>  On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund at gmail.com
>>>  <mailto:nio.wiklund at gmail.com>> wrote:

>>>      -o-
>>>
>>>      Concerning the nm-applet, there is a bug report at Launchpad
>>>
>>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxpanel/+bug/1308348
>>>
>>>      The bug is assigned to Julien Lavergne, and we are looking
>>> forward to a
>>>      solution.
>>>
>>>      There is a temporary fix in that bug report (comment # 5)
>>>
>>>  Re. comment #5. It mentions using sudo. Even plain nm-applet works.
>>>

>> Hi Julien,
>>
>> It would be nice to get some 'official' statement about using sudo or
>> not for nm-applet.
>>
>> - Will it make any difference?
>>
>> - What do you recommend?
>>
>> Best regards