Lubuntu Manual

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Thu Apr 17 14:41:07 UTC 2014

On 17/04/14 15:28, Ali Linx wrote:

> On 04/16/2014 11:15 PM, lubuntu at pierregobin.fr wrote:
>> Le 09.04.2014 13:06, Ali Linx a écrit :
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere else but I'm only
>>> subscribed to this mailing list and I'm afraid I can't subscribe to
>>> any other Lubuntu Mailing List at the moment. I was simply wondering
>>> if there is any update for Lubuntu Manual? any hope it will be
>>> available for Trusty Tahr Cycle?
>>>
>>> I'm asking because such Manual will be useful not only for Lubuntu
>>> Users but perhaps for all the other flavors. And not just for the
>>> Ubuntu Flavor, but perhaps other systems as well. That of course, if
>>> the efforts and ideas to be dedicated to this manual is special and of
>>> high quality :)
>>>
>>> You may want to have a look at Fedora's Documentation. It's IMHO one
>>> of the best among all FOSS and GNU/Linux Projects.
>>>
>>> I appreciate if someone could share the light in this regard :)
>>>
>>> Many thanks!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ali/amjjawad
>>> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad
>>

> Hi and thanks for your reply :)
>
>> I am afraid that nothing has been done about Lubuntu Manual.
>
> So, I didn't miss anything? okay :)
>

>> I was among the volunteers, but, as many people, I ran out of time.
>
> Yes, I know and I remember that ;)
>

>> I am still convinced that such manual would be essential, especially
>> as Lubuntu 14.04 is LTS and Windows XP is over.
>>
>> Maybe a "Quick Start Guide" would be possible to make.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pierre Gobin

What would be really useful is like in Debian, as you install you can
click a button to take screen shots of each step,

this would make things much easier, (unless you are using something like
vmware) to produce illustrations for installs.

I had to alter lubuntu so the screen dump grab program comes up when
pressing print-screen, but also allow the user to then manually grab the
required window.

But saying that, if that could somehow come from the top down, so as we
are all based on Ubuntu which in turn is based on Debian,  then perhaps
if added to ubuntu then it could filter down.

Would that make documentation easier ?

Paul