Lubuntu 14.04/ Lxpanel / indicators

Tue Apr 15 19:28:03 UTC 2014

On 04/15/2014 12:53 PM, Norbert Holze wrote:
> Am 15.04.2014 20:40, schrieb brendanperrine at gmail.com:
>> I wonder did you remove them in panel setting or try to add those back
>> by right clicking on the panel and going to panel settings?
>>
>> Worst case scenario is you can use network settings through the menu
>> prefrences network connections.
>>
> I tried it but without success. I also tried the live cd (latest daily)
> and there is also the same problem now (no nw-indicator-applet and no
> indicator messages).
>
> Regards,
>
> Norbert

Norbert, and All:

In the Lubuntu 14.04 installations I did last week (both of them), I
made use of the network connection applet (in the task-bar, toward the
right).

I am certain they worked for me at that time.  I click on it to monitor
(in the "Connection Properties: wlan0" dialog) how much data total has
been downloaded, and also to roughly see how fast it is coming in.

Since I installed from the Live CD, I had access to this information,
and made use of it.  But I had to add it to my task-bar first, before
doing the install.

So apparently, something has changed since then so that it no longer works.