use caps-lock as on windows

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 12:43:09 UTC 2014

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Accessibility
This page lists things to configure accessibility options, but they are
only for Gnome/Ubuntu Unity
It may list some things that you can use for the time being until
someone here can help you more (or if you happen to find it first)
Lubuntu uses LXDE and OpenBox (these two terms may help in searching)
The LXDE or openbox irc channels might be a better place to ask this
question, as some of their developers may hang out there (and they would
surely know)
#lxde
#openbox

We will try to help in any way we can.

On 04/14/2014 07:04 AM, Andre Rodovalho wrote:
> Is this an acessibility feature of windows? Because this is not normal
> behavior.
>
> I don't know the answer, but I guess you should start searching for
> acessibility configuration on Linux. I guess this this configs differ
> very much depending on the window manager...

> <mailto:swuensch at gmail.com>>:
>
>     Hallo,
>
>     I want to use the caps-lock key on my keyboard the same way as on
>     windows. There it was possible to type special characters like
>     !"§$%&/() by using the caps-lock on lubuntu you will write the
>     numbers and only by using the shift key it is possible to write
>     these special characters.
>
>     This is a problem for e.g. one armed people. It can be very hard
>     to press both keys at the same time. How can I change this. I
>     already ask on #lubuntu some days ago, but they redirected me to
>     the mailing list as nobody knew an answer. Searching on google
>     didn't help me much.
>
>     Regards,
>     Sk!d
>
>     --