Lubuntu 14.04 prerelease UK keyboard not UK

George DiceGeorge dicegeorge at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 12 18:46:37 UTC 2014

Menu/Preferences/ Keyboard Input Methods / Input Method / Select an input
method / English / English (extended WinKeys)
Reboot
didnt change it to UK keyboard.

Key @ is in the wrong place
and key [£] gives [#] etc etc

Preferences / Language Support
is already set to English (United Kingdom)

I clicked [Apply system-wide]
and rebooted

No. The keyboard is stuck on american,

Nio wrote:
[
The Trusty pre-release versions need the keyboard layout to be set
separately:]
What?
So something as important as getting the keyboard working
isnt tested until release next week?
That seems unlikely to me

[george]