Non-pae version of lubuntu 14.04

Phill Whiteside phillw at vpolink.com
Wed Apr 9 16:53:28 UTC 2014

Hi George,

rather than me sum it all up for you, have a read of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Address_Extension Pretty much all the
chips before the Celeron 'M' series were non-pae (some of the 'M' series
also were). Most of the 'M' series were pae capable, but did not
'advertise' it. With the 14.04 release, a slight change has been made to
allow these CPU's to work without the need of work-arounds such as
fake-pae. There will be machines coming over from XP to lubuntu who are
going to be non-pae capable.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Phill.