Viewnior

Israel israeldahl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 16:17:42 UTC 2014

On 04/07/2014 11:00 AM, farinet at arcor.de wrote:
> I remember times ago when i still was running lubuntu on a Powermac
> there was some discussion on using Viewnior instead of gpicview. Now, is
> that anymore interesting in view of the fusion between razor-qt and lxde
> (lxde giving up gtk for qt)?
>
> In any case, since personally i like viewnior more than gpicview i tried
> to install it - both ways, using the debian sid package and compiling
> it. But both ways were unsuccessful due to unfullfilled dependencies.
>
> Is there no way? I'm using lubuntu 13.10 (and i'm quite happy with,
> incredibly i'm using less memory than with my fluxbox setup!).
>
> Thanks in advance for any hint!

I have never heard of this program before, but when I searched it
I found the page you probably know about
http://xsisqox.github.io/Viewnior/download.html
To compile it seems pretty simple... however, you may need to go in the
make file and change some of the dependency names, as Ubuntu/Debian use
some very different names for certain libraries.
you could open the make file and find the package names, and (simply?)
change them to the correct ones.
Though, in reality you should probably contact the dev
siyan.panayotov at gmail.com
And I think it would be much easier to go about figuring it out this way.

So, YES there is a way... this is GNU/Linux there is always a way, some
just take a lot of time and effort :D

--
Regards