Lubuntu 14.04: live cd/dvd asking for password after screen coming from standby

Tue Apr 1 02:03:36 UTC 2014

On 03/31/2014 05:21 PM, Iberê Fernandes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didn't have time to check myself yet, but I've read from 2 users at
> Facebook: they were trying the live cd/dvd of 14.04 and they let their
> machine go idle for 10 to 20 minutes. When they were back to their
> machines, Lubuntu live session was asking for a password.
>
> Was anyone able to reproduce this bug? Afaik, they did not file a bug yet.
>
> Best regards,

Iberê:

This sounds consistent with the way the Live CD (or persistent USB) has
worked with Lubuntu in past releases.

If you ever sign-out (of the live desktop), you have to sign-in again,
and it asks for a password, to which you just hit the Enter key.  If you
install anything using Synaptic Package Manager, it asks for a password
(just hit Enter) as well.

Perhaps with the inactivity, it just signed-off.

I am saying this all from memory, and supposition - I have not tested 14.04.