zRAM broken on Raring?

John Hupp lubuntu at prpcompany.com
Sat Sep 28 16:10:26 UTC 2013

Hi, Nio.

That is what puzzled me about Phill's statement that before Saucy, zram
"was there just not used."

Your confirmation that it is not used in your up-to-date Raring install
sent me looking for a package that depends on zram-config.  I did a
Dependencies search in Synaptic and found out that my installed
ltsp-client package Recommends zram-config.

The nicest solution scenarios would be that zram is fixed in time for
the Saucy release (there is hope?) and that it is almost simultaneously
backported to Raring (there is hope?).

But in the meantime I suppose I'll need to talk to the LTSP folks about
what might be done if neither of the above happens quickly.

--John