promoting development opportunities

Paul Sutton zleap at zleap.net
Wed Sep 25 20:53:59 UTC 2013

Hi

I recently found a really useful poster on the benefits of contributing
to open source / free software projects:-

specfically this website http://nlug.wikispot.org/Linux_Advocacy_Posters
and the bottom link
PromoteOSStoCSmajors.jpg

This got me thinking that as I am in early stages of contacting a few
volunteer agencies I have asked one if any volunteering HAS to be in the
Torbayu area,  the person I e-mailed is getting back to me, however this
does present an ideal opportunity to promote various projects and how to
get involved.

I could do this via my local lug, but the website is still not that
effective i would rather direct people towards

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/GettingInvolved

and similar pages

does this sound like a good idea,  i can do this via my local linux user
groups too, in fact I will upload that poster to a page on getting
involved.,

http://dcglug.drogon.net/get-involved/

now links to the poster and links to the page mentioned above.

is this useful, is there more i can add to this ?

Paul

http://www.zleap.net

Exeter Raspberry PI Jam 12th October 2013,  Hoskins Room, Exeter Central Library, 10-12

I am committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable groups and expect any school or establishment I am involved with to share this commitment.