keymapping (was Re: Evince image viewer cannot view PNG)

Wed Sep 25 16:21:10 UTC 2013

On 09/25/2013 12:07 AM, Pierre Gobin wrote:
> I tested Keyboard Layout Handler, and I encountered no problem with
> it. For the test, I added Bepo Layout (the dvorak french version as
> far I know) to my original french Layout. I was able to switch between
> them by pushing Shift + CapsLock or by simply clicking on the flag in
> the panel. The only problem which can be annoying is that when you are
> using two layouts from the same language, they use the same icon in
> lxpanel (but I can't see how it could be different).
Pierre:

I think the problem was confusion on my part, as to how to add the
qwerty layout when you already had dvorak, and how to tell which
keyboard layout is currently in-effect.

I was able to puzzle it out after about 5 more minutes of trying.

It was not easy to figure out, but then, I tend to understand things
differently from most people.