keymapping (was Re: Evince image viewer cannot view PNG)

Pierre Gobin lubuntu at pierregobin.fr
Wed Sep 25 06:07:50 UTC 2013

Le 25/09/2013 04:43, Aere Greenway a écrit :
> Lars, and all:
>
> I installed Lubuntu 13.10 Beta2 today, and checked out the situation
> relative to using the Dvorak keyboard layout.
>
> First, it does let you specify the Dvorak keyboard layout as the
> default.  That's good.
>
> After the install, all was fine in that regard.
>
> There is a taskbar applet for switching the keyboard layout.  I tried
> to set it up so I could switch back to the Qwerty layout if the need
> arises, but it ended up switching it to Qwerty, with no way to switch
> it back to Dvorak (very bad).
>
> So I used Synaptic Package Manager to install lxkeymap, and I removed
> the taskbar layout switcher (and set the radio button to only use the
> default layout from the install).
>
> Apparently lxkeymap (which you have to manually install) is still the
> only way to switch keyboard layouts in Lubuntu.

Hi Aere,

I tested Keyboard Layout Handler, and I encountered no problem with it.
For the test, I added Bepo Layout (the dvorak french version as far I
know) to my original french Layout. I was able to switch between them by
pushing Shift + CapsLock or by simply clicking on the flag in the panel.
The only problem which can be annoying is that when you are using two
layouts from the same language, they use the same icon in lxpanel (but I
can't see how it could be different).

What was your problem exactly ?

Kind Regards,
Pierre Gobin