review of the OBI

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 14:59:17 UTC 2013

Hi Andre,

I can add some colours (not only use the inverse video) with ansi escape
sequences and maybe also some cursor movement sequences, so that the
screen will not scroll. Then the OBI will look more like a simplified
alternate installer.

Do you mean that such simple tricks would make the OBI attractive
enough, even if it is the same menus in a text screen?

-o-

By the way, does anybody know the name of the tool to create the text
wizard interface of the alternate installer? I have seen the same style
of wizard in many places, for example in PING and Clonezilla, so I think
there is a tool for it. That tool would add not only colours, but also
arrow keys etc (I guess from the curses library, but I would like to use
a high-level tool, rather than C programming).

Best regards
Nio