PCManFM and SFTP with keys

Lars Noodén lars.nooden at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 18:38:31 UTC 2013

On 09/11/2013 12:33 PM, Lars Noodén wrote:
> PCManFM works with SFTP with using a regular password.  But it seems not
> to work with keys.  I don't see a way to get it to prompt for a key, is
> there one?  I've tried loading the key into the agent using ssh-add and
> while that works for the text-based sftp client, PCManFM seems to ignore
> the agent.  PCManFM should at least find the key in the agent, shouldn't it?
>
> Regards,
> /Lars

I haven't yet found a way around this one.  Attempts to use a key to
connect to the remote hosts ends with the same error message each time:

	"Permission denied"
	"The specified location is not mounted"

Connecting via the text-based SFTP client in the shell works just fine
with or without the agent.

So I'm going to go ahead and start a bug report about it

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pcmanfm/+bug/1227305

Regards,
/Lars