[Lubuntu-qa] Lubuntu 13.10 beta

Nik Th nikth at gmx.com
Wed Sep 18 15:18:24 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: Nio Wiklund
Sent: 09/18/13 04:58 PM
To: Nik Th
Subject: Re: [Lubuntu-qa] Lubuntu 13.10 beta

On 2013-09-18 15:07, Nik Th wrote: > Possibly this is something to do with the installer (ubiquity package > maybe ? ) and is frequently encountered in Alpha/Beta versions (I have > seen similar problems in Unity and Gnome-shell in older Alpha/Beta > releases). > Hopefully will be fixed before stable release. > If we want to report a bug about this, we have to be completely sure > that is a bug. I would suggest to wait and see what will happen after > some updates. > > About the slow shutdown process (when shutdown button pressed from the > menu) , this is not a problem in my Saucy installation anymore. Now I > have a new problem that I want to examine, and this is a big delay time > when I hit the logout button. We'll see. > > > > Regards > NikTh > > -- https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NikTh -- Now that the problem is described and a lot of people are aware of it, chances increase that it will be solved :-) Lars reports this bug https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1225429 for Lubuntu Desktop amd64+mac. I think it might be the same problem or bug, whatever label we want to attach to it. The slow shutdown and or slow logout is a minor problem, it may be or may not be related to the freezing problem. Best regards Nio
Hmm..., this bug is lack of logs. I think it will be marked as Incomplete eventually. @Lars wasn't able to gather some logs from freezing ? (I know it's difficult). Maybe a retry from terminal this time it would be better.

Regards
NikTh

-- https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NikTh --