[Lubuntu-qa] Lubuntu 13.10 beta

Nio Wiklund nio.wiklund at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 13:58:07 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-18 15:07, Nik Th wrote:
> Possibly this is something to do with the installer (ubiquity package
> maybe ? ) and is frequently encountered in Alpha/Beta versions (I have
> seen similar problems in Unity and Gnome-shell in older Alpha/Beta
> releases).
> Hopefully will be fixed before stable release.
> If we want to report a bug about this, we have to be completely sure
> that is a bug. I would suggest to wait and see what will happen after
> some updates.
>
> About the slow shutdown process (when shutdown button pressed from the
> menu) , this is not a problem in my Saucy installation anymore. Now I
> have a new problem that I want to examine, and this is a big delay time
> when I hit the logout button. We'll see.
>

> Regards
> NikTh
>
> -- https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NikTh --

Now that the problem is described and a lot of people are aware of it,
chances increase that it will be solved :-)

Lars reports this bug

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/1225429

for Lubuntu Desktop amd64+mac. I think it might be the same problem or
bug, whatever label we want to attach to it.

The slow shutdown and or slow logout is a minor problem, it may be or
may not be related to the freezing problem.

Best regards
Nio