13.10 I386 Ram usage

Martyn Vallett rodneyrules2008 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 5 08:50:25 UTC 2013

Hi, in my test of installing saucy 13.10 I used around 288MB of ram at
peak during the install (I think there was one instance that it used
~330MB, but it was during the final installation phase and was very
brief). Very fast and very stable for an alpha release, and very Memory
efficient compared to Quantal,  and so far no bugs.

One thing I must say that I'm amazed at is that I actually have to try
very hard to get the system to use more than a GB of RAM.

Basic specs of the computer:
2GHz Core 2 Duo T5750
3GB DDR2
60GB Agility 3 SSD