Did anyone refile bug for Flash Player shows green/purple in compressed window?

Dorin Ionescu dorinionescu at iname.com
Tue Oct 29 13:21:48 UTC 2013

John Hupp <lubuntu at ...> writes:

> On 8/16/2013 10:35 AM, John Hupp wrote:
> >>>>

> Good news.  I continued to pursue this with the Ubuntu and upstream
> kernel teams, and Daniel Vetter from upstream has now supplied a good
> workaround.
>
> He wrote:
> -------------
> Still a flash bug. This commit simply enables rgb555 in the kernel,
> which sna likes to use on gen2/3. Flash is just too dense and always
> presumes xrgb8888.
>
> Adding
>
> Section "Screen"
>          Identifier "igd"
>          DefaultDepth 24
> EndSection
>
> to your xorg.conf will work around.
> -------------
>
> And doing so did successfully work around the behavior for the Intel
> graphics machines I reported on.
>
> I note also that just the snippet above in an otherwise blank xorg.conf
> will do.  And many users, like me, will have no existing xorg.conf but
> will have to create one, such as I did at /etc/X11/xorg.conf (though
> there are many other locations where X will find the configuration).

Hi John
Thank you! It fix it.

Kernel: Linux 3.11.0-12-generic (i686)
Compiled: #19-Ubuntu SMP Wed Oct 9 16:12:00 UTC 2013
Desktop Environment: LXDE (Lubuntu)
flashplugin-nonfree (11.2.202.310ubuntu1) saucy from Synaptic Package
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics
Controller (rev 02) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])

Thank you again.
God bless you!

Dorin Ionescu