[Lubuntu-qa] One Button Installer improved with dialog menus and xz compression

Federico Leoni effelle at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 11:36:31 UTC 2013

2013/10/25 Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund at gmail.com>

> > About the usb script (mkusb v4), my fault didn't read this:
> >
> > 7. Alternative to running the tasks 4-6 above: use mkusb
>
> Would you suggest that I put the suggestion to use mkusb first (before
> the manual method)?

Definitely. The script is good and quite easy to follow.

> > I recreated the usb (this time without a keystroke) with
> > GnomeClassic1204-oem.tar.xz tarball. Took 7 minutes with a 4GB SanDisk
> > Cruzer Edge but it seems this file isn't working with OBI: when I
> > select it an error appears but it's too fast to read.
> > I've already used oem configuration in the past, so for me is good to
> > go. Waaaaay better.
>
> So you suggest using OEM install.

Yes, because after a complete install is normal for an average user to
create a new user/pass. But skilled used will love too!

> > Download the tarballs via network reminds me unetbootin, I like the
> > idea if you can ensure a good bandwidth...
>
> I intend to implement it when I have the time ...

And I'll be there to test it.

> I didn't see this mail, when I sent the previous reply. So there was
> some temporary error when you tried the first time with
>
> GnomeClassic1204-oem.tar.xz
>
> Was it caused by something, that I could remove or improve?

An error while copying tarball. Nothing to worry about.

> I'll try to make a tarball with Lubuntu 13.10 OEM :-)
> But I cannot do it until next week.
What??? I could be DEAD next week! :D
Drop me a line when ready...

F.