Chromium

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Sat Oct 12 23:33:41 UTC 2013

Hi Ronald,

firefox went on to a diet. when
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1096603first
arrived, it was "all hands to the pumps". a LOT of testing was
carried out. The most telling comment was
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/chromium-browser/+bug/1096603/comments/4I've
been in regular contact with Chad (he's even put up my occaisonal
frustrations). I happen to like chromium and will continue to use it along
with firefox (they are both currently running on my system). Should it
happen that chromum becomes less RAM hungry for the low resource machines,
lubuntu will switch back faster than you can blink! We are browser
agnostic, and will ship which ever one that servers the low resource
machines the best.

I cannot immediately put my hands on the discussions, but they are in our
mailing list archives.

Regards,

Phill.