Fwd: Final RC Testing

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Fri Oct 4 20:48:40 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nicholas Skaggs <nicholas.skaggs at canonical.com>
Date: 4 October 2013 21:16
Subject: Final RC Testing
To: "ubuntu-quality at lists.ubuntu.com" <ubuntu-quality at lists.ubuntu.com>

 We're 2 weeks away from release now, and it's time to batten down the
hatches! Mark your calendars for October 10th. On that date we'll start
final image testing. This will invovle downloading the image and installing
and/or upgrading your machine to use it. We love getting results from real
hardware for this testing! Use your real working machines and provide
feedback on if it's working or not. We'll be using the isotracker at
iso.qa.ubuntu.com for this work.

I would encourage you to invite others who might not normally test take
part in this as well. The RC images are "intended" to be release quality,
so while backups are important (ALWAYS have a backup going for your
system!), these are definitely test worthy images and should provide an
early upgrade for most folks and a chance to skip the download lines on
release day :-)

I'll share more next week, but let's get ready to test. Thanks everyone!

Nicholas

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: